Thyristorised Power Factor Panel
Smooth and Transient free Thyristorised Power Factor Panel
Connection and disconnection of the capacitor to and from the network occurs at zero current crossing. This smooth connection avoids the transient effect like waveform distortions, generation of switching spikes etc., typically created by electro-mechanically switched Power Factor Correction ( PFC ) systems, The total correction time ( Full compensation of reactive current ) is only 3 to 4 cycles which is much faster than electro-mechanically switched PFC systemsMajor Benefits
- Increase installed capacity of your transformer, D.G. Sets, Cables, Switch Gears etc.
Save electricity charges by
- Reducing energy consumption.
- Reducing contract demand cost.
- Avoids penalty due to power factor & maintains power factor close to 1.00 on real time bases.
- Improves quality of power, by avoiding surges, sag or low voltage with heavy machinery like compressors, air conditioning plant, cranes etc. (Save the cost of star – delta starters or soft starters )Eliminates harmonics ( Optional features ) Absorbs switching transients coming from the source or upstream.
- Due to fast correction of P.F. large H.P. motors can be started on generators already near full capacity.
The systems is maintenance free because it does not use contactor for switching the capacitors.Capacitors Life
Capacitors life is enhanced to minimum three times of normal life due to smooth connection and disconnection.Resonance Free
The detuned reactors prevent resonance by shifting the capacitor / network resonance frequency.