- Soft Start facility, with initial torque setting by minimum pedestal voltage, Ramp time settable for setting ramping time, adjustable from 0 to 30 sec.
- Motor Starts without any jerks.
- Minimum down time
- In built Micro controller based Protection for Motor like Single phasing, Unbalanced, Over load, Locked Rotor Short circuit etc.
- Annunciation for all above fault by digital display as well as indication for Motor run etc.
- Push buttons for start and stop.
- No limitations on the number of starts and stops per hour.
Soft Starter belong to the latest generation of motor starters, incorporation state-of-the-art technology. They are far superior to any of the conventional electro-magnetic modes of starting as they can provide a smooth start, reducing the in rush currents considerably, besides offering several other advantages. Further, the built-in energy saving facility helps in reducing power consumption when the motor is partially or cyclically loaded.Soft Start
The starting current drawn by an induction motor is directly proportional to the applied voltage. The Soft Starter is designed to make it possible to choose the lowest voltage possible (pedestal voltage) at which the motor can be started – the lowest voltage being dependent on the load on motor.
The voltage is ramped up from this pedestal level to full voltage in the set time (selectable 0 to 30 seconds). Pedestal voltage and ramp time can be set at site. It is also possible to Provide controlled torque soft start with current limit option. Soft start feature can also be provided, as Optional.Advantages
- Smooth start and Step less Gradual acceleration of motor and consequent elimination of shocks during starting.
- Reduction in peak motor current during starting.
- Reduction in maximum demand.
- Reduction in motor temperature, increased motor life and decreased maintenance
- Comfortable launching without any damage.
- Power factor improvement.
- Reduced power consumption and hence reduced Energy bills.
- No moving parts that can be affected by dust, dirt or other such environmental factors.
- asy installation and Retrofit capacity (3 wires in 3 wires out) – solid state – low maintenance.
- Replaces electro – magnetic starters as well as fluid couplings
|Power input||415/440 volts AC + 10% 3 phase 50 hz.|
|Recommended load||A.C.Motor, three phase, Multiple Motors or other loads are not recommended except under specific circumstances. (Consult us for further details)|
|Maximum Over load capacity||115% continuous, 150% for 10 seconds and 200% for 5 seconds.|
|Altitude of Installation||1000 meters (Above 1000 meters derating has to be done)|
|Voltage rating of Thyristors||1400 to 1600 PIV.|
|Types of cooling||Air-cooled upto 75 HP. Force-cooled above 75 HP.|
|SCR Protection||MOV transient voltage suppressors to absorb high energy voltage transients provided acoss the input supply points. RC snubber circuit is provided across SCR to prevent misfiring due to rapid rise of voltage.|